Smoothies are a perfect mix of fruits and milk which provide your kids with taste and nutrition. Here are some cool and yummy smoothie recipes for your kid’s sweet tooth, that are healthy and refreshing too:
1) STRAWBERRY BLAST (Serves 2) Ingredients: 8 hulled strawberries, 100 ml skimmed milk, 120 gm plain yogurt, 3 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 6 cohesive (crushed).
Method: Put strawberries, milk, yogurt, vanilla extract and sugar in a blender. Add the ice cubes and blend the mixture until its creamy and smooth. Pour the smoothie in glasses, top it up with a sliced strawberry and serve.
2) GREENY GROOVE (Serves 2) Ingredients: 1 sliced banana, 150 gm (5 oz) grapes, 200 gm vanilla yogurt, 1/2 apple peeled and chopped, 50 gm (2 oz) fresh spinach leaves, sugar to taste and coriander leaves for garnishing.
Method: Put banana, grapes, vanilla yogurt, apple and spinach leaves and sugar into a blender. Stop occasionally to push down anything stuck to the sides of the jar with the help of a spoon. If the mixture is too thick, add some milk one at a time you blend until it reaches the desired level of smoothness. Pour into glasses and garnish with coriander leaves.
3) CHERRY CHILL (Serves 4) Ingredients: 1 cup frozen cherries, 1 cup chopped pineapple, 1/2 sliced banana, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup orange juice and sugar to taste.
Method: Add the cherries, pineapple, banana, yogurt and orange juice in a blender. Start blending till it becomes smooth and creamy. If the mixture continues to be thick, add some more orange juice and blend until it becomes smooth. Pour the smoothie in glasses and top it up with a black grape (for garnishing).
4) FRUIT PUNCH (Serves 4) Ingredients: 150 gm (5 oz) blueberries, 200 gm (7 oz) raspberries, 2 apples peeled and chopped, 100 gm (4 oz) seedless green grapes, 3 tbsp sugar, 8 ice cubes crushed.
Method: Put the blueberries, raspberries, apple pieces, sugar and crushed ice into the blender, blend until its creamy. Add very little milk if the smoothie is too thick and blend again. Pour into glasses and your Fruit Punch is ready.
5) COCONUT PRIME LIME (Serves 2) Ingredients: 8 ounce pineapple juice, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp coconut extract, 1 tbsp coconut flesh, 1 cup plain yogurt, 4 ice cubes crushed, sugar to taste.
Method: Add the pineapple juice, lime juice, coconut extract, coconut flesh, yogurt, crushed ice cubes and sugar into a blender. Make a smooth creamy mixture, add little lime juice if necessary for more smoothness. Pour into glasses and garnish with coconut shavings and a slice of lime.